Saturday, April 22, 2006

Tuesday April 8th 4:18pm Gorilla Nest Hotel. The children and I played this morning. I tried to learn the song that Fabiola sings all the time. She just couldn't figure out what I couldn't get it right. I finally convinced her to do pieces of it. Then I would try to get that piece right. She finally put her hand over my mouth and sang it slow and loud. I can still only get the first sentence right. She looked at me so perplexed. But then just laughed, so we decided tickling would be more fun. Chantal, Sieba and I then went to register Fabiola for school. Thank you Lee. How exciting. Fabiola came from a home in the rural area so this will be her fist time to school here. The walk will be about 30-45 minutes each way. The school teaches in French first, English second. The assistant showed me around all the classrooms. A secondary class was in session. They called me into the classroom to say hello. The registration process took quite some time. When we finished, we headed back to New Hope Home to say "goodbye" as we head up north for a one day vacation to track the mountain gorillas!!!!!!! Mbanda has been 3 times prior. It's the first time for Chantal. I spoke with Susan at the office about the safety. She said do it if you can get in...it's a once in a lifetime experience. We thankfully were able to get us all in. They are already fully booked July-Sept this year. I haven’t said much about this in my prior entries because I didn’t want mom to spend timing worrying. She was concerned enough before I left, so this might just be too much. I wasn’t sure how Dad would react other than I know he would have wanted to be there at my side experiencing it. We had lots of errands including stopping by Compassions office to see Mbanda. We eventually got on the road by 3:30...with a noon departure goal. Rwanda time. I enjoy all the adventures, wherever we go. I am just thrilled to be here. There is so much to soak in at every situation. The road up North is terrific. Excellent paved service among the winding hills of the rural area. Quite a contrast to the busy city life to which I have become so accustomed.

No comments: