Saturday, January 09, 2010

Kristen Cavallo is IN the HOUSE!!!!! WHoo hoo

There are unique times in life when God brings people into your work life who bless your personal life, especially when you have never worked at the same company or lived in the same city. It’s and especially rare thing in the business world. There is one especially special person in my life who has been that for me. Kristen Cavallo is a very successful marketer at The Martin Agency. She has been so supportive of the work at New Hope Homes from the beginning. She has helped me think of ways to raise funds, has donated lots of supplies over the years and added her financial resources. After my 1st trip she told me that she wanted to join me on a one of my trips. Today is the day. Kristen arrived early this morning after a long and very complicated flight including a canceled flight, changed gates and all sorts of drama. She arrived with a VERY VERY (she wins the prize for lightest traveler)SMALL personal bag and 3 HUGE HUGE HUGE boxes of supplies for the homes and kids. Thanks to the many people who helped her add to our precious supplies with books, educational games, sheets, towels, shoes, pants etc etc. She brings your love with her and you will make a real difference in the lives our our kids. It’s nearly 8 am Kigali time on Sunday morning so she is resting now for 1.5 hours before we begin the fun journey to church. Will update with photos etc later tonight. Just wanted her family and friends to know that she is here now. I cried on the way to the airport to truly try to comprehend what it feels like to have someone I know so well finally get a real look inside our world here. I know others will follow as many of you have written that you want to come one day and perhaps bring your kids. It’s just so special to know that she is the 1st to take the plunge.

1 comment:

3:46 said...

Hi Donna,

It's such a wonderful thing that you're doing! I've been following your work through Kristen -- thank you for letting us know that she arrived safe & sound! And thanks for the great photos also. You guys are amazing.

Tell K I said hi and send my love to all of you.

Julie Garner