Saturday, January 03, 2009

The send off was a whirlwind. My neighbor and good friend Steve decided the night before I left to try to figure out if there was some way to bring another bag of supplies. Long story short, we figure out a way to do it...or hopefully do it. Got up early this morning and ran to Target to get 10 more sheet sets for one of the homes bunkbeds, some ESL games (english as second language) and lots and lots of medicine for the kids. Danette, Erika and Lynn rushed over to my house this AM to sort through alot of the supplies we didn't think we had room for and add them to the mornings purchases. They were like a lean mean sorting machine. Danette and Steve's oldest Son Adam came over to help too. He ran copies of the ESL came covers and directions as we need to take them in ziploc bags versus the original boxes in order to save room and space. The group than hauled all 4 monster bags Erika's car and we were off. Standing at the airport saying goodbye to Erika opened a flood of emotions. The decision to return to our kids in Rwanda is a natural one for me, but so much of the prep is executional. What do they need? Who can help? Who can drive funding etc etc. So when it's all done and ready to go, it turns into the emotion and joy of being with the people whom I love so dearly. I am bring all of your love with me too. I have photos from lots of the people who donated financially or materially too. I can't wait to show the kids our kids and teach them their names. They will marvel and the photos of the kids in snow too! My supposed international blackberry is having issues, so I'm not sure how many posts I will be able to make as I get farther away from the mainland so to speak. Should be able to update every 4 day or so hopefully. If you don't hear from me for a while, know that I am safe and sound and serving as your hearts and loving arms to these precious kids. bless you for sharing in the journey

No comments: